Donating Items to Tree of Life Rummage Sale
Items we want and need: All your clean, working household items and clothing including:
- Baby items such as toys, high chairs (if newer and not recalled), yard toys that can be lifted by one person, clothing, feeding items.
- Bedding/Draperies including sheets, bedspreads, quilts, comforters, blankets, chair or sofa covers, curtains, rods, and drapes. It is helpful if you label dimensions or bed size with masking tape. We cannot take mattresses or bed springs.
- Books/Toys like Fisher Price kids, bicycles in good working order, board games (labeled if all parts are there), books (hardback and paperback for all ages and genres), games, stuffed animals, all toys, puzzles (all pieces must be included), Little Tyke Toys (that one person can lift) and strollers (fairly new and not recalled).
- Clothing if you put it on your body we want it. This includes hats, purses and shoes. Please be sure what you are donating is clean, has no stains or tears and the elastic is in good shape. You must label all clothing except purses with a size tag. Due to time constraints, if you donate clothing without the size label we are unlikely to be able to use it in our sale. If you can put it on a hanger that will be a big help. We also need hangers donated.
- Electronics such as T.V.s (27inches or less and portable), DVDs, tapes, VCRs, DVD players, cameras and video equipment. We cannot accept pianos or organs. Please label all electronics as to their working order.
- Furniture including chests, coffee tables, desks, end tables, kitchen table and chairs, folding lawn furniture, love seats, night stands, office furniture, overstuffed chairs, patio furniture (no glass or marble), decorative pillows (please put these in a clear plastic bag), wood rocking chairs, trunks, wicker furniture, wooden chairs and couches (not sleeper sofas).
- Household Goods like antiques, artificial flowers and plants, artificial Christmas trees (please have in original box with all its parts), card table and chairs, clocks, box fans, fireplace sets, floor lamps, ironing boards, lamps and shades, light fixtures, tools, pictures and paintings, rugs, picture frames, stereo cabinets that can be lifted by one person, suitcases, throw rugs, unopened toiletries, towels, stainless steel vanity/sink sets, wall decorations, and window blinds/shades.
- We want our sales to be known for offering good, clean items so please keep that in mind as you go through your closets, basement and garage. We will have a special boutique area for those truly exceptional high quality items.
- All items must be in good, clean, working condition. Remember: It costs money to throw out unacceptable donations and that money could be going to programs.
- Give us your pant and skirt hangers! Better yet, donate your blouses, dresses, coats and suits on hangers. This will save much needed time. We also need paper and plastic grocery bags.
- Put size tags on all clothing. Label clothing by actual size. Example: Mens Large, Girls Xsmall, Womens 10. This will help sell more items quicker. Attach provided size tags (separate document) using stick or safety pins. Here is a link to the size tags you can print out and attach to the clothing Size tags
- Label all electronics with masking tape as to its working condition and other needed information. We will provide electric outlets to allow buyers to try out items.
- Label linens with dimensions or bed size (use masking tape or size labels)
- Do not price items yourself.
- Failure to follow these guidelines may result in your items not being offered for sale.
Here is what we cannot accept:
- Baby swings, bassinets, car seats, changing tables, crib, crib mattresses, playpens
- Adjustable beds, Waterbed frames, all mattresses and box springs
- Encyclopedias, magazines, newspapers
- Outdoor toys that need more than one person to lift safely
- Console stereos, console TVs, computers, portable TVs over 27”
- BBQ grills, charcoal grills
- Screens, windows, wood paneling, stain, doors, glass recyclables, carpet, carpet padding
- Pianos and organs
- Sleeper sofas
- Hazardous waste of any kind
Questions? See Judy Stettner (815)322-2464 or firstname.lastname@example.org