We are so grateful for all cookie donations to the TOLUUC Cookie Walk & Holiday Sale coming up Saturday, December 14!
We’ve got a few tips if you’re looking for some help in choosing a recipe. Over the years and doing research into “Cookie Walk Best Practices,” we have found out a few things about what works best:
- Decorated and specialty Christmas cookies are top sellers precisely because most people just don’t have the time to make them anymore. Eye appeal is really important for this holiday time.
- Even though they are delicious cookies, these types just don’t sell very well: chocolate chip, oatmeal, plain cookies with no decorations.
- It’s important to label cookies with an appealing title – help us by sending along a note with your cookie name.
- Here’s a link to some great cookie ideas if you’re looking for inspiration: https://iambaker.net/christmas-cookies
- And to make our Cookie Walk a success, we need dozens and dozens of cookies!
Finally, we thank everyone who will be working so hard – no matter what cookie recipe you use – to help make this TOL fundraiser a success. Questions or need ideas, please call Karen Meyer, 815-338-6023, or Mary Robinson, 815-455-8007.
Remember we also welcome donations of gently used holiday decorations and your handcrafted artisan gift items.