RSVP for the Sesquicentennial Now!
Saturday April 23, 2016 and Sunday April 24, 2016
In order to plan meals and space needs, we need your RSVP by MONDAY APRIL 18TH.
Send an email to email@example.com or call (815)322-2464 with the following information:
- How many for Saturday dinner?
- Dinner Choice : Chicken Marsala, Pork Roast, Pasta Primavera (vegetarian)
- How many for Sunday lunch?
- Food allergies?
- Will you be going to Blue Lotus tour?
Here is what you need to know.
Saturday April 23rd
1-2pm Get a tour of our old building in Woodstock; now Blue Lotus Buddhist Temple. They completely reworked the first floor of the building and it is well worth a visit.
1pm-5pm Tours of our current building including the changes we made to turn this restaurant into a church and our plans for the future.
1pm – 10pm View displays of our history, purchase logo wear and chalice or tree of life fused glass sun catchers. Visit with old friends and new.
5:30pm– Catered dinner with entertainment courtesy of Tom Steffens and company. Free will offerings will be taken to offset costs of the event and to restore the Lopatin Stained Glass Windows. We want to get the stained glass windows out of storage and displayed for all to enjoy. There is a matching grant for up to $5000 being offered so your donation goes twice as far!
Sunday April 24th
10:45am Sunday morning worship with Rev. Barbara Merritt who served our congregation from 1975 to 1982 and the adult choir. The sermon is: Celebrating the Past, Creating the Future: The Reality Principle.
12pm -3pm Community picnic on our spacious grounds with inflatables for the kids and young at heart. You may want to consider bringing a change of clothes if you want to join in the fun. If the weather is bad, we will eat inside.
We Need Your Help
We are celebrating 150 years as a congregation because generations of members and friends know it takes many hands to make things work well. This event is another opportunity to work together to make something wonderful happen. Here are some ways you can help us make something wonderful happen.
- Help go through the archives to create history displays
- Supervise the inflatables for a shift at the picnic to keep everybody safe
- Be a grill master
- Decorate for the Saturday dinner
- Sell logo wear and sun catchers on Saturday
- Be on the setup and/or tear down crew
- Give tours of our building on Saturday
- Bring a side dish or dessert for the picnic on Sunday (we need all our local folks to do this)
To help with any of these areas, contact Judy in the office at (815)322-2464 or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
otherwise she will track you down on Sunday or by phone (but don’t make her do that). 🙂